Constellation: Sag
Data: mag   size
Position: RA :  DEC :
This was far brighter and more spectacular than I would have guessed.
 It clearly looked like the swan that the name suggests and it looked as if
it was swimming downhill to the left. The OIII even made this more
spectacular. There are several imbedded stars, the brightest being in the
neck and head of the swan. The main body of the nebula showed great detail
with a lot of mottling clearly visible. You could say it looked like
textured feathers throughout the bird. There were also plenty of
nebulas
areas behind the tail. At 70x, it was fairly large and sharply
defined. Increasing the magnification to 140x increased its size to fill
most of the eyepiece with no breakdown in image quality. This was my
 first observation of the swan and it was clearly the view of the night.  A+
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: