Observation Poster: William L. Schart <wschart@hot.rr.com>
Observer: William L. Schart
Your skills: Intermediate (some years)
Date/time of observation: 12/17/01 9:27 pm CST
Location of site: Killeen, TX (Lat 31 07, Elev 600 ft)
Site classification: Suburban
Sky darkness: 4 <Limiting magnitude>
Seeing: 6 <1-10 Seeing Scale (10 best)>
Moon presence: None - moon not in sky
Instrument: Celestar 8" SCT, Fork mount
Magnification: 78x
Filter(s):
Object(s): OS 72
Category: Multiple star.
Class:
Constellation: Tau
Data: mag   size
Position: RA 04:08  DEC 17:20
Although slightly wider than the last pair, this proved to be a
tougher split. Not much at all at low power, elongation at mid power,
I used the Microguide as a simple EP to get a clean split. I attribute
the difficulty to the magnitude difference (almost 4). The primary
tends drowns out the seconday, but I could pop it in view with averted
vision. The primary is a bright golden yellow; the seocndary too faint
to tell.
--
Optional related URLs:
To stop receiving all 'netastrocatalog' lists, use the Web forms at: