[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (IAAC) Obj: Delta Lyr oc (Stephenson 1) - Instrument: Orion 8" dobsonian

Lew Gramer wrote:
> This was a neat one, Donald. I hadn't ever even noticed there was an open
> cluster around delta Lyr, let alone one with a unique catalog identification...
> Thanks for a neat observation! Sue, have you logged this "first" yet? :)
>
> Clear skies,
> Lew
Lew,
I've observed this open cluster many times over the years.  As a matter of fact I
looked at it on 6/1/99 UT (see my posting on deja.com).  I believe that I
originally learned of  Stephenson 1 from Phil Harrington's book "Touring the
Universe through Binoculars".
Dave Mitsky
ASH, DVAA